Barrett Commits To Merrimack




Warrior Interview #8
Written By: Noah Cusack-Margolis

The Merrimack College Men's Ice Hockey team receives a verbal commitment from '00 born Nolan Barrett. Barrett a 6ft 1 defenseman currently plays for the Skipjacks Hockey Club U18 team in the USHL U18. As of now Barrett has 5 goals and 10 assists this season with the Skipjacks Hockey Club. Barrett is predicted to arrive at Merrimack in 2020. Merrimack has currently brought in 25 commits 16 of which are expected to arrive next year and it is said that Merrimack is just getting started when it comes with brining in commits from top ranked prospects.
-
I was lucky enough to catch up with Nolan and ask him a few questions regarding his commitment to Merrimack College.


Q:
During your recruitment process, what stood out to you when looking at Merrimack versus what other schools had to offer?


A:
There were a few things that stood out to me about Merrimack vs. other schools. I loved the feel of the school and the campus when I visited. Everyone I met in Admissions, the Business School and the coaching staff were really nice, helpful and excited about Merrimack. The size of Merrimack felt just right to me. Second, I loved the school spirit and the fans at the hockey game I attended. The energy at Lawler Rink got me excited about playing here. And most important to me was Coach Borek. His passion and desire to build a championship program matches my passion and drive to compete.
Q:
When you received an offer from Merrimack did you know right away that it was the school you wanted to go to or did you wait a little bit before deciding on Merrimack?


A:
After I received my offer from Coach Borek, I wanted to take some time and make sure that Merrimack was the right place for me. I considered other schools over the next few weeks but kept coming back to Merrimack and the feeling I had during my time there. It took me a couple of weeks and then I knew that Merrimack was for me.
Q:
Where do you see this program headed in the next couple of years since Merrimack has gotten a new coach who is said to be very determined to bring home a couple of championship banners? When meeting with Coach Borek did you have the same sense?

A:
Coach Borek has incredible passion. He also has a reputation for building great teams. When I met him I could see and feel his passion for the school and his vision of where he wants to take the program. Coach challenged me to join him in building a championship team, and I have accepted that challenge.

Q:
What do you think is the biggest asset that you will bring to the Merrimack team?

A:
I want to be a strong defender for the Warriors while turning those defensive plays into high quality offensive opportunities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawks defeat the Warriors on senior night

O'brien commits to Merrimack for 2021